Sunday, July 28, 2013

What is a portfolio career?

Hello and welcome!

I'm excited to start this blog on my adventures with a portfolio career.  I define a portfolio careerist as someone who wears several hats (e.g., writer, freelance photographer, and part-time restaurant server), may have multiple sources of income, and perhaps best of all, is able to pursue his or her passion as a result of having multiple and flexible jobs.

Despite the word careerist, a portfolio careerist can achieve a more balanced life compared to someone who has an office job.  Indeed, for the person who is able to pursue their passion through a portfolio career, being a portfolio careerist is anything but the sole and mindless pursuit of "success." I've certainly found that having a portfolio career allows me to pursue my interests, have more time for family and friends, and be more productive.

Always feel free to contact me with comments and questions.  Welcome and I'm looking forward to the journey ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment